June 17, 2011

Being Productive...sorta

You know those times in life when you are so busy that you can't take a breath...
meaning every day for most people.

I mean so busy that you convince yourself it's ok to not do your homework...
or wash your laundry...

or clean out the trash can otherwise known as your purse...

or brush your hair...

or your teeth (just kidding, that's gross! Please I advise you to brush your teeth even when you are busy!)

or randomly bake cookies for your class at 12:30 in the morning when you should be studying...or sleeping...

and don't even get me started about the TV.  Take it from me it is ok to watch TV when you are busy, I am actually going to tell you to do so. I think of it like "awake" sleeping. Yes, that is an oxymoron but think about it like this. It takes no brain power to watch TV.  Sitting on the couch like a potato requires absolutely no energy, so you are basically sleeping if you ask me.

Exhibit A: my usual position when I am home "watching TV". The only problem is that I usually fall asleep before I can actually enjoy what I am watching.


But it is summer, and I don't start my new job until next week so considering I have a whole week off I should be the most productive person on the planet...right?

Wrong.

I am having the hardest time convincing myself to do anything even semi-productive this week.


Like today. I woke up and other than thinking, OUCH I am sore from jazz class last night, my other thought was:
"I really want to go make pretty earrings to wear today..."

Yes, you read that correctly, I woke up and thought I should go make earrings.

So what did I do,
I did not unpack my clutter (the offer is still available to anyone who wants to unpack it for me)

Instead I went to Hobby Lobby and got supplies to make myself earrings. Which, may I add that all the beads and supplies I purchased were on 50% off for the weekend!!
So that means it was fate.  I planned on buying supplies only when everything was on sale...or that is what I am going to tell myself.


Did I have fun? Yes.
Was It productive? If you say making pretty earrings to wear is productive...then YES! :)

Final Product
xoxo
'Till next time
brush your teeth :)

1 comment:

  1. you could not be aaaanny cuter, El! please blog every day!

    ReplyDelete